Quick question: how do you make pizza dough? Easy answer: follow chef Curtis Stone’s easy how-to recipe for a traditional pizza base. Once he’s kneaded, rolled and shaped it, Curtis tops his dough with a delicious potato and cheese pizza topping. Yum!
See below for the full recipe.
Be sure to subscribe to AT HOME WITH COLES for more food videos, recipes and handy cooking tips:
AT HOME WITH COLES |
Shop online with Coles |
More great recipes |
RECIPE: PIZZA BIANCA WITH ASPARAGUS, POTATOES & PROSCIUTTO (serves 4)
INGREDIENTS – DOUGH
2/3 cup lukewarm water
1 tsp Coles Brand Caster Sugar
1 tsp active dry yeast
1½ cups Coles Brand Plain Flour,plus extra for dusting
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
INGREDIENTS – TOPPINGS
2 tsp, plus extra 4 tbsp, extra-virgin olive oil
1 brushed potato, washed and cut into½cm-thick slices
180g bunch asparagus, ends removed,spears cut in half lengthways
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
6 thin slices prosciutto, from the Coles deli
60g Coles Brand Baby rocket
TO MAKE THE DOUGH
1. Mix the water, sugar and yeast in a liquid measuring cup. Set aside for 5 mins, or until a foam forms on the top of the mixture.
2. Blend flour and salt together in a food processor. Pour in yeast mixture and oil,and blend briefly until a dough forms, about 10 secs. Transfer dough to a work surface and knead for 2 mins, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. The dough will be tacky but will release cleanly from your hands.
3. Place the dough on a floured baking tray and dust the top with flour. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 45 mins–1 hr, or until doubled in size.
TO ASSEMBLE THE PIZZA
4. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 280°C or 260°C fan or as hot as the oven goes. lightly brush a large heavy baking tray with 1 tsp oil.
5. Place potato slices in small saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 mins, or until potato slices are just tender. drain and set aside to cool. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with asparagus and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. in a small bowl, mix garlic and 2 tbsp oil. flour hands, stretch dough then press out onto prepared baking tray to about a 37cm x 29cm rectangle. Spread garlic-oil mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle over half the cheese. arrange potato mixture in a single layer, then asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter over remaining cheese.
7. Bake pizza for 8-10 mins until crust is crisp and golden brown.
8. Arrange prosciutto over pizza. Toss rocket with remaining 1 tsp oil to coat then scatter over pizza. Squeeze over lemon juice. Cut into 12 rectangular slices and serve.