Here’s how to Make Eggplant Pizzas. These mini aubergine pizzas skip the bread, making it quite low carb. This is probably my new favourite easy eggplant recipe, and I love eggplants when they’re cooked well.
I believe Julia Child came up with the original recipe and concept, but I’ve modified it to my taste and budget.
Eggplant Pizza Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice Eggplant into 1/2 Inch slices, then sprinkle coarse salt on top of the eggplant to draw out bitterness and moisture. After 20 minutes, pat dry with a paper towel, and remove excess salt. If you have a young eggplant with very little seeds, you can skip this step.
3. Brush olive oil onto eggplant or dip eggplant into some, and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper for 10 minutes.
4. Spoon on spiced tomato or pizza sauce onto the cooked eggplant slices. About 1 tbsp per. Add desired pizza toppings, salt tot taste, Italian spices, and mozzarella. Place in oven for about 10 minutes. Then broil for a minute or till golden brown. Watch carefully then remove and garnish with fresh herbs!
– 1 Large Eggplant (1/2 Inch thick slices)
– 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
– 1 Cup of Pizza Sauce or Spiced tomato sauce.
– 1-2 Cups of Desired Pizza toppings (thinly sliced)
– 1 tbsp of italian herbs
– 1 Cup of Mozzarella (Shredded)
– 1/4 Cup of Fresh Herbs for garnish (basil, green onions, or parsley)
– Salt to taste
Follow Bachelor on a Budget
#cooking #cookingvideos #eggplant #pizza